Malteser International (MI)
Country Coordinator – National Position Job Post
Location: Jobs in Uganda 2021 – 2022
Work Hours: Full-time, 08 hours per day
No. of vacancies: 01
Deadline: 11 August 2021
Hiring Organization: Malteser International (MI)
Malteser International (MI) has been operating in Uganda since 1996. The politically stable East African country is hosting more than 1.4 million refugees, mainly from South Sudan, DRC and Burundi. MI’s work in Uganda is focused on providing humanitarian assistance to refugee and hosting communities as well as implementing development projects The main sectors are Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Health, Food Nutrition Security and Livelihoods (FNSL) and Environment.
The regional office in Kampala has developed into an important hub for MI in the region and is active in the Western and North-Western regions of Uganda with offices in Arua and Nakivale. MI has a strong partnership concept and several projects in Uganda are implemented with or directly through national and local partner organizations.
For its work in Kampala, Uganda Malteser International is looking for an experienced and motivated
Country Coordinator (m/f/d)
As the Country Coordinator, you will represent Malteser International in Uganda and provide overall leadership, strategic direction, and operational management in line with MI’s policies, procedures, and guidelines. You will work closely together with the Country Management Team ensuring the smooth implementation and development of programs and projects according to set targets and identified needs. Through regular support, monitoring and capacity building of the local partner organization, you and your team will ensure that projects are implemented on time, reaching the set targets and quality standards and fulfil all requirements laid out in policies, proposals, and project agreements. You will be responsible to ensure that the qualitative reporting for MI and donor purposes and necessary adaptions of project design and implementation are done according to M&E findings and the changing context in the country.
- Oversee program operations in compliance with MI as well as donor regulations and procedures including responsibility for budget oversight and donor grant management
- Responsible for program development incl. assessment missions, proposal preparation and extension of donor and activity portfolio
- Contribute to the development of MI´s country strategy in Uganda and in Africa
- Establish and maintain mechanisms/ tools/ surveillance systems and capacities in cooperation with the local partner organization for close monitoring and evaluation of activities and its quality and impact
- Develop staff capacity of local partner organization to ensure that staff can fulfil the required administrative, financial and project cycle management targets
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate the implementation of all program activities according to the objectives, log-frame, work plan and approved budgets
- Active networking and representation of MI in Uganda vis-à-vis national authorities, national and international institutions, organizations, partners and donors
- Management and supervision of international (4) and national staff (36) with technical and managerial support to all team members in fulfilment of their duties according to project objectives
- Ensure implementation of security guidelines, monitor the overall security situation and adapt program implementation accordingly
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate or post graduate degree with relevant practical experiences in emergency relief, rehabilitation and/or development aid
- Minimum 7 years overseas working experience in a senior management position in humanitarian assistance and development programs with experience in WASH, health, livelihood and/or environment projects
- Strong international project management skills, including project cycle management, humanitarian standards, logical framework, monitoring and evaluation, feedback mechanism and report writing; community-based approaches would be an asset
- Experiences in working with and through national partner organizations, understanding of the localization approach
- Excellent and proven interpersonal communication and leadership skills including the ability to effectively lead a team and to diplomatically manage relationships with local partners, authorities and donors
- Proven experience in managing multiple international grants and knowledge of administrative standards and requirements of donors (ECHO, BMZ, AA, PRM, etc.) as well as strong networking and fundraising capacities
- A sound understanding and experience in budget and finance management, as well as in administration and logistics procedures would be an asset
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to humanitarian principles
- Ability to multitask and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines and with high workload and stress, and to identify priority activities and assignments
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills, German would be an asset
- Starting date: October 2021
- Intended duty stations: Kampala, Uganda
- Duration of contract: 24 months
- Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, housing allowance
If you are interested in this position, please apply online .
Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) until August 15th, 2021.
Malteser is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin.
Date Posted: 2021-08-05