Buea, SOUTH-WEST, Cameroon
Requisition ID: req25000
Job Title: DRIVER-BUEA, SWR
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Buea, Cameroon
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Driver will based in Buea and reporting to the Warehouse and Fleet Officer. Will be travelling occasionally to Field Bases in Kumba, Meme; Ekondo Titi, Ndian; Bamenda, NWR
Under the direct supervision of the General Services Officer, he/she will have the following duties:
– Courteously drive IRC workers to destinations previously approved by the direct supervisor;
– During working hours, always have the cell phone and VHF radio powered up so that they can always be reached;
– Respects the destinations and schedules of movements as approved by his/her supervisor; informs his/her supervisor of any delays that may prevent the return time and route indicated on the exit form from being respected;
– Driving departing passengers to the airport and other locations and also to pick up arriving passengers at prescribed locations as indicated;
– Strictly adhere to the IRC Travel standard operating procedures in regard to the SWNW context
– Regularly check the movement tracking board so as not to miss dropping off or picking up an employee(s) while traveling
– Respect and ensure the respect of the rules for the use of IRC vehicles in any place and at any time (filling of the logbook, wearing of seat belts, no alcohol, no drugs, no foreign people/equipment on board without prior authorization);
– Ensure regular vehicle maintenance and notify the supervisor of any breakdowns or suspected breakdowns
– Check the level of fuel and lubricants in order to avoid dry breakdowns, fill out and sign the fuel card at each refueling;
– Ensure that all equipment/tools are on board the vehicle and that spare parts are available;
– Ensure that all administrative documents relating to the release of vehicles are up to date, notifying the supervisor at least three weeks in advance in case of expiration of these documents;
– Drive and park/park the vehicle in a safe manner, avoiding unsafe roads;
– Ensure the internal and external property of the vehicle by washing it regularly;
– Prepares and submits weekly reports for work within a suitable time frame, and incorporates supervisor’s comments as required.
– Writes daily travel reports.
– Ensures that all financial documents are accurately completed and submitted as required by IRC policies.
- Commits to the IRC Way (IRC Ethics).
- Commits to ensuring the optimal implementation of these Policies in its working environment.
- Is available to perform any other ad hoc tasks deemed useful by his/her direct supervisor or by the IRC.
- Produce program activity reports at the end of the month..
- Ensure that all activities will be implemented in accordance with IRC operational policies.
- Other additional duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- can communicate regularly using the VH and VHF installed in the vehicle;
– Should be a holder of at Least FSLC
– Driver’s License Class B Minimum
– At least 3 years of professional experience as a driver for international organizations, NGOs, development projects.
– Good knowledge of car mechanics and road safety
– To have notions of first aid
– No criminal record
Skills and Abilities:
Good command in spoken and written in English and Pidgin-English is an asset
Loyal, discreet and punctual
Be of Cameroonian nationality
Good geographical knowledge of the SW and NW
capable of working under pressure
Can work on odd working days
Should be able to put in extra hours of work
Mode of Application:
Applications should be deposited at our office in Buea at Camp-Sic Bokwango Road; in Bamenda at Up Station Governor’s Street or you can apply Online through the Organization’s Website, no later than 20th March 2022.
Application File must consists of:
– Application letter
– Updated CV
– Academic Credentials
– Previous Work Attestations
– Driving License
NB: Only Selected candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply