Job #: req13047
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya; Dakar, Senegal
Required Language(s): English
Closing Date: 9/19/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
IFC is seeking to recruit an Assistant for its Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services (MAS) Portfolio Management team in Sub-Saharan Africa. The Portfolio Assistant will provide support to the Portfolio Manager and to the Investment/Portfolio staff in the supervision, monitoring and management of IFC’s MAS investments in the region. The position is based in Nairobi/Dakar. The Portfolio Assistant will report to the Portfolio Manager for MAS in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Provide overall support to the Portfolio Manager on ensuring Full Compliance and Tracking on Portfolio matters and Management of Operational Risk for an ultimate improvement of the Portfolio Quality and Financial Sustainability. This includes but is not limited to:
- Provide Support on the Portfolio Administration and Reporting;
- Portfolio Systems to be maintained and kept up to date in a systematic manner;
- Exhaustive Filing with Quality of all legal documentation, clients correspondence, etc.;
- Investment Risk Platform (IRP) Process: Be responsible of the IRP schedules and deadlines to be met; of the submissions by Investment Officers (IOs)/Portfolio Officers (POs) and Reviewers’ approval of the ratings;
- Track approval workflow status;
- Prepare on a monthly basis the Portfolio Actions reports;
- Prepare Other Portfolio Supervision related reports/ memos for internal and external audiences.
Act as a Go to Person for all matters relating to Portfolio Policies, Procedures and Systems:
- Be an active member of the IFC Portfolio Assistants (PA) network;
- Share with the team including the PM, any process or system revisions/updates;
- Coordinate with relevant counterparts to ensure consistency in reporting and potential areas for streamlining/collaboration;
- Handle Project Handover process from New Business to Portfolio as well as from Portfolio to Portfolio or to Special Operations;
- Provide support to IOs/POs with ad-hoc report requests for both Portfolio and New Business purposes;
- Assist with the On-boarding of Portfolio and Investment staff from a process and systems perspective;
- Capture minutes of the Team meetings.
- Bills Tracking and Debt Service payments – Monitoring of the Portfolio fees collection – Follow-up very closely with IOs/POs on upcoming repayments dues and on late/missing payments;
- Prepare Arrears and Non Performing Loans (NPLs) reports for the PM and for the Unit Staff meetings;
- Keep the PM constantly informed.
- Portfolio Trends analysis on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly, as required;
- From the data extracted from IFC’s Management Information System (MIS), carry out appropriate Portfolio analysis;
- Assist the Team in analyzing trends and extracting lessons from the portfolio
Collateral Management/Legal documents:
- Work closely with the Legal assistants to ensure that the Collateral systems is maintained and kept up to date in a systematic manner;
- Monitor the receipt of original share certificates or copy of registry and submit to the relevant department for safekeeping.
- Bachelor degree is required, with at least 4 years of relevant experience;
- Excellent demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), knowledge of portfolio databases and systems (e.g. Cognos, Cubes, IRP, iPortal, EPMS) would be a significant advantage; and/or aptitude to learn new systems;
- Excellent knowledge of IFC’s portfolio procedures and processes or aptitude to learn and understand the procedures and processes;
- Excellent organizational, administrative and time management skills with proven ability to work promptly and efficiently under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong Team Spirit/Positive Attitude, Commitment to the work, Willingness to grow within IFC;
- Strong Work Ethics;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Written/verbal
- Communication skills in French and/or Portuguese will be an advantage;
- Ability to think independently, proactively analyze problems, identify and take lead on defining appropriate solutions.
World Bank Group Core Competencies
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce, and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.
Learn more about working at the World Bank and IFC, including our values and inspiring stories.