SIHA is currently recruiting for an Area Coordinator who will be responsible for leading all SIHA program activities in the country. The Area Coordinator works closely and under the guidance of SIHA regional office based in Kampala, Uganda. The Area Coordinator is responsible for the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of all SIHA projects in the country, taking initiative and leading all advocacy events and activities, and managing all aspects of office operations. The Area Coordinator is also the representative for SIHA in the country and will work to develop SIHA as a leading women’s rights organisation, representing SIHA in key platforms as required, working to extend and enhance SIHA’s membership and network, and developing strong relations in the country. SIHA is a growing organization and is seeking candidates capable of contributing to this growth and assisting SIHA to make important impacts on women and girls’ well-being in the Horn of Africa.
Equality ,Solidarity , Ethical , Diligence, Transparency , Humility , Resilience , Critical-thinking , disciplined , Courageous , Integral , Empathy , Collectiveness , determination , Rationality , Diversity , Innovation , Democracy , learning , Self-critical
- Key Responsibilities
SIHA anticipates that the Area Coordinator’s focus will be on meeting the following core responsibilities:
Lead the office in all operational aspects, including coordination of all projects, supervision of staff, financial and administrative oversight and reporting, communication and liaising with members, partners, and donors; and representing SIHA office as required;
Ensure efficient and effective implementation of all projects, including the planning of all activities in collaboration with the regional office, the development of monthly work plans and the provision of regular updates and reports;
Ensure compliance to all donor requirements, including the provision of timely and quality reports, and the implementation of financial and procurement procedures as set out by SIHA and as required in the donor agreements and conditions;
Remain up-to-date on current events and issues that arise in the country and collaborate with SIHA regional office and advocacy team to ensure an effective response in SIHA’s key strategic areas;
Manage human resource policies and procedures for the office in close consultation with the Regional Human Resource Officer;
Supervise and provide capacity building and support to all office staff, and participate in the recruitment and on-boarding of all office staff and consultants;
Ensure concept notes, budget requests, and activity reports are developed in a timely manner and according to SIHA requirements;
Provide quality assurance of all project activities through the monitoring of events and activities, facilitation of consultative processes, and regular evaluation of progress towards objectives in coordination with the Research and Learning Officer;
Identify relevant areas of programming and funding opportunities and contribute to fund-raising efforts as required and in collaboration with the Regional Fundraising Officer;
Provide financial management, ensuring transparency and accuracy in financial reporting;
Work closely with SIHA’s local-level partners as required and establish and maintain good relations with SIHA members and build SIHA’s membership where possible;
Ensure adequate stakeholder connections are established in South Sudan, and work to build SIHA’s networks and relations with key institutions and actors;
- Candidate Key Competencies
In order to fulfill the role of Area Coordinator, SIHA envisions that the Area Coordinator will possess the following core competencies:
- Graduate-level degree focusing on International Human Rights, Law, Gender or Feminist Studies, International Relations, Social Sciences, Development Studies, or a related field.
- Experience in the management of projects;
- Experience supervising staff;
- Understanding and experience in the management of budgets and financial reporting;
- Passionate about women’s rights and gender equality;
- Experience in advocacy or activism is an asset;
- Understanding of the current Horn of Africa context, particularly in reference to gender equality and women’s rights;
- Possession of strong sense of initiative and ability to manage a significant work load;
- Experience with human rights instruments and national level obligations or domestic law in relevant country and Horn of Africa region is an asset;
- Sense of creativity and interest in exploring the links between grassroots activists (local scale) and broader human and women’s rights initiatives (international/global scale), with an ability to gauge how best the former can inform and guide the latter.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates are asked to provide their current CV and Cover Letter and Expression of Interest in applying and relevant experience/expertise, to SIHA’s Human Resources Department firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd September 2021. Please enter “Application Materials: SIHA Network: UGANDA AREA COORDINATOR” in the subject line.